How to Choose a Dutch or Entry Door for Your Home?
In the 17th century, Dutch citizens have been using Dutch doors to keep animals away from the house, while ensuring that sunlight and fresh air enters in. These are also used to protect the children inside while allows desired elements to come in. The horizontal split from the top part of the door to the middle part allows the airflow without worrying about unwanted guests.
Your house will look more interesting with wooden exterior doors. They look durable, warm, and inviting which other types of doors don’t have. These and still many more benefits are what catch the interest of many homeowners. If you are shopping for an entry door, there are a few essential features that you must consider.
1. Decide on the wood type of your Dutch door. Take note that your front door can create an impression. There are many types of wood from which your door can be made from. But, it is very important to take note that each of them may differ when it comes to density, strength, versatility, and features. Although woods can be treated or designed to enhance its durability and look, there is a unique feature for every type that impacts the overall look of your door.
2. The shape should also be considered when choosing a dutch door. The shape can greatly transform your entry. Some of the most common shapes are rounded, square, and arched. But, there are some customized entry doors when it comes to shaping. The unique shape will make your door stand out. You can choose a single wide or two matching pairs door depending on your personal preference.
3. Dutch doors are often available in a standard size. But, the size can be customized according to your specific needs. You can opt for small or big sizes depending on the size of your entry. Take a sure measurement to make sure that you get the right side of the door. You don’t have to worry because many manufacturers customize doors.
4. To make your entry door stand out, then you must choose the best color or stain. Nowadays, there are many colors you may choose. The natural wood can look very interesting with simple stains. But when you like to have it painted, there are many colors to choose from. Regardless of the color to choose, make sure that it’s properly sealed. This keeps warp to happen especially in humid weather.
5. There are numerous decorative touches on wooden doors. You can add handlebars to add its uniqueness or sidelights to increase its beauty. There are plenty of choices when it comes to handles, knockers, or handles available in different designs and materials. This will not only enhance the look of your entry door but also its functionality.
Your front door can create a huge impact on the overall look of your house. So when choosing one, you have to carefully consider essential aspects. There are many manufacturers who are experienced and reputable to provide you with the best Dutch or entry door.